- Open samples\datantry\step1.spc,
a copy of the SPC file made in the previous step.
- Now go to Data Entry Setup (in
the Setup menu).
- Here we enter the properties for each
field. Click on Width and enter the following
limit values: EUL 12, USL 11, Target 10,
LSL 9, ELL 8.
- Click on Properties. A window
with more options is displayed. Checkmark the Required
option. This will force the operator to enter a value for
this field in order to continue. Click OK.
- To make it simple, set the same target
values for Height and Depth as we set for
- Double click on Volume to open
the properties window.
- Checkmark on Calculated and
click on Define Function.
- Enter the expression to be calculated:
Width * Height * Depth. This will calculate the
volume of our product. Make sure you have spaces between
each field name.
- Click Done. The function will
now be displays in blue under the calculated option.
Click OK to go back to Data Entry Setup.
- Now we will define names for the
operators. Click on String under Field
Definitions and select Operator.
- Click on Add to add allowed
values. Enter a name of an operator. For instance Ron.
Then press OK.
- Add two more operators, Jay and
Eric, by following step 11.
- Make sure the window looks like the
one above and then click Close to exit Data Entry
Now, the next step would be to
actually enter data to the SPC data base that has been created.