up a new database.
This part of the tutorial will show you how
to set up a new SPC file to be used for data entry and analysis
in Sigma SPC.
- Run Sigma SPC.
- Start the Setup Wizard by selecting Setup
Wizard from the File menu.
- Select the directory to store your SPC
file in. Click on Create dir and enter mystep1.
Click on Next >.
- Create a new Database by typing in mystep1
under Table Name.
To create fields click on Add, type in the field
name and select if it should be string (text and numbers)
or Numeric (only numbers allowed). Type in Operator
as the name for the first field. Make sure String
is selected, and type in 10 for the field length.
Press OK and Operator is displayed in the
list of fields.
- Press Add to add more fields.
Enter Width, select Numeric and press OK
(or enter on the keyboard).
- Follow the procedure in step 6 to make
numeric fields for Height, Depth and
- The setup window should now look like
the one below. Press Next > to continue.
- Accept the defaults on step three and
press Finish to create the database.
Now the data base is finished.
The next step would be to start entering data, but
first lets setup