data using the Data Entry Module
- Open samples\datantry\step3.spc
- Checkmark all available variables.
- Four control chart windows will now be
displayed. Tile them by pressing the tile all button ().
- To start entering data, go to Data
Entry menu and select Data Entry.
- The Data Entry screen will show. Start
by selecting operator from the operator drop down menu.
- Enter the following values:
Volume will be calculated when you press enter. Click on Save
to save the first set of data. Since the sample size is 2
we have to enter one more set, before the point will
actually show on the control charts.
and press Save.
- The control charts are now updated.
- Lets plot another point. Enter:
See how the thermometer changes. Light red
indicates that the value is above the USL or below the LSL. Dark
red means the value is out of control. If the thermometer is
green the value is within specs.
Please feel free to enter data of your
choice and see how the thermometer changes. Close the Data Entry
window when done.